ReportFactory is a software for the creation of electronic company reports in the XBRL format. XBRL is the international standard for electronic reporting. This standard was introduced by the german tax authorities as part of the Tax Bureaucracy Reduction Act ( SteuBAG ) with the so-called E-Balance. Balancing companies have to report their annual financial statements for fiscal years in XBRL format, beginning after 31/12/2011. The report Factory supports the creation and transmission of e - balances. It is an additional software for companies whose existing financial accounting / ERP or control software does not offer XBRL or e-balance functionality.
Requirements for the e-balance creation
The specific, accounting and taxes software, from which data should be used in the electronic reports must have an export interface for the balance information. This account / position balances can be imported to the Reportfactory - the sum of taxonomy positions are calculated automatically. As export format CSV formats are supported. With importing CSV data the individual settings of the feeder system can be took with through selecting its information in the data import dialog . The creation process of an e- balance sheet is supported by a multi-purpose tool collection , so very different conditions and specific requirements of the data receiver are checked carefully.
For an easy overview, you can watch our product video.
- Transmission types: trade balance with reconciliation or tax accounting
- Creation of the accounting reconciliation, through external changes / reclassifications, or by linking the data in Excel-based reconciliations
- Preparing financial statements or multiple statements (for example, daughters or property companies) in a report project
- Unified account assignments or heterogeneous account assignments in a report project
- Integration of a general ledger and optional multiple sub-ledger systems
- Regardless of the architecture in the feeder system: A booking circle / parallel booking circles / parallel accounts / parallel ledgers
- Automated calculation of total positions by balances import, manual collection of data, or combination of both
- Rebookings / reclassifications outside of the financial accounting / ERP are possible
- Use predefined collection forms or preparation of individual forms
- Special editor for positions with formatted text, format adjustment in accordance with the receiver requirements (for example, E-Balance Interface Specification)
- Support Elster requirements (reasonability rules etc.)
- XBRL inside! The entire data management is XBRL standard compliant. Support of arbitrary, individually extended taxonomies
The ReportFactory is available as a stand-alone system or a multi-user system. Using the single-user system, the installed software can be used by one user. For this, the software must be installed on the same computer, the user wants to access the ReportFactory.
If the ReportFactory was installed as a multi-user system, multiple remote users can access to the server software at the same time. In multi-user systems, the tasks can be assigned to specific users during the report creation process (authorization concept)
.The E-Bilanz Addin extends the functionality of the ReportFactory to special functions which facilitate the creation of e-balances and checks the specific requirements of the recipient (German tax authorities) account. With the E-Bilanz Addin the transfer interface of the tax authorities is used (ERiC - Elster Rich Client). The Addin includes a plausibility and transmission component for the submission of e-balance sheets, which can be used for pilot and test case submissions and for real-case submissions since May 2012.
Technical system requirements
The user interface of the ReportFactory can be used in a web browser. The Internet browser uses the web service of the ReportFactory server . The ReportFactory server is java-based and referring to this, platform independent . In addition to the Internet browser, the ReportFactory can be used out of MS Office. The Office Addins communicate with the report Factory Server via a web interface. For the transmission of e- balances a software component of the financial management has been integrated into the software itself. The so-called ERiC ( Elster Rich Client ) can be run only on the operating systems Windows and Linux .
- Platform independent (100% Java or Java 8)
- 400 MB free disk space
- 900 MB RAM (size depends on how many taxonomies are used).
- Internet Explorer 11.xx (minimum)
- Firefox 3.xx (minimum)
- other (like Opera)
MS Excel 2010, MS Excel 2013
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 (WinRT API is not supported), Windows Server 2016 or newer. For every Windows-Version the latest Security-Updates is required.
- Linux, (minimum) LSB 4.1 certificated distribution. The ERiC team has tested following: CentOS 6, CentOS 6, Debian 8 LTS, Debian 9 LTS, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, openSUSE Leap 42.3.
- Internet connection to port 443 to the domains datenannahme1.elster.de, datenannahme2.elster.de, datenannahme3.elster.de, datenannahme4.elster.de via https